RESOURCES & REFERENCE MATERIALS
3.Career Options Magazine
6.Next Step U Magazine
The table given below provides you all the exam dates and events related to CLAT 2018:
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification Date||4th week of December 2017|
|Availability of Online Application Form||1st week of January 2018|
|Closing date of Application Submission along with order of preferences for NLUs||4th week of March 2018|
|Issue Date of Admit Card||3rd week of April 2018|
|Date of Examination||2nd week of May 2018|
|Publishing of Answer Key||3rd week of May 2018|
|Announcement of Result (issue of merit list)||4th week of May 2018|
|Counselling Commence||1st week of June 2018|
|Closure of Admission||1st week of July 2018|
CLAT 2018 Application Form
- CLAT 2018 application formwill be filled online only.
- The application form will be accessible from the official website of CLAT in the first week of January 2018.
- Candidates have to firstly register themselves by creating a LOGIN account using an e-mail ID.
- At the time of filling the application form, students are also required to fill the preference order for NLU’s
- The candidates must upload the scanned copies of signature and photograph (30 mm x 45 mm) with size not more than 100 KB.
- No hard copy of filled-in application form is to be sent to the CLAT office.
The application fee of CLAT 2018 is different for different categories which is as follows:
|General/OBC/SAP and other category candidates||Rs. 4000/-|
|SC/ST category candidates||Rs. 3500/-|
Application fee is to be paid online only through net banking/credit card or debit card.
CLAT 2018 eligibility criteria will define the minimum qualification requirement, percentage of marks and age criteria to appear in the CLAT exam. The eligibility for undergraduate and postgraduate law courses is given below:
For UG Courses:
- Age Criteria:The upper age limit of the candidate should not be more than 20 years as on 1st July 2018 (for unreserved category candidates/NRIs/NRI Sponsored candidates) and 22 years for SC/ST/OBC/SAP category candidates.
- Qualification Eligibility:The candidate will be considered eligible for CLAT if he/she has passed the 12th examination with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates appearing the 12th examinationin March/April will also be eligible for CLAT 2018. Such candidates have to produce the proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
Students can check here the tentative dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date for filling the application||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Last week of January 2018|
|Release of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||After result declaration|
NEET Application Form 2018
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary detailslike personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned imagesof photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee paymentusing online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take printout of the confirmation pageof the application form and keep it safe for further use.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of 1400/-(for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit or credit card).
- Payment can also be done through the e-challanof Syndicate, SBI, ICICI bank or HDFC bank.
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
The syllabus will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
JEE Main 2018 Exam
Based on last year dates, here we are providing tentative exam dates of JEE Main 2018.
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification||3rd week of November 2017|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st week of December 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||2nd week of December 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st week of January 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of January 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of March 2018|
|Examination Date for offline exam(Pen & Paper Based Test)||1st week of April 2018|
|Examination Date for online exam (Computer Based Test)||2nd week of April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||4th week of April 2018|
JEE Main New Changes Introduced Last year:
In 2017, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has introduced some new changes in the pattern of JEE Mains. Here are the highlights:
- No weightage will be given to 12th class marksfor calculating All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main.
- In order to qualify for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, candidates must have at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST)in higher secondary examination or must be in top 20 percentile in class 12th examination conducted by respective boards.
- Moreover, candidates should have Aadhaar Card Numberto fill the application form.
- Candidates from Meghalaya, J & K and Assam are excluded from this provision. Such candidates have to enter passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number to get examination centre in these states only.
JEE Main Application Form 2018
All the aspirants must read the information brochure carefully before filling the online application form of JEE Main 2018 to get details about how to apply, application fee & payment mode. The details regarding JEE Main application form are given below:
- Candidates have to fill the JEE Main application form via online mode
- No printed copy will be provided to apply for JEE Main.
- Applications are expected to be released in the first week of December 2017.
- To apply for JEE Main, students should have Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrollment Number/Registration Number which will be provided by facilitation center.
- In addition to filling personal & academic details, candidates also have to upload scanned images of photograph and signaturein prescribed specifications.
- Candidates can download the acknowledgement page as the proof of successful submission of application form.
Application fee of JEE Mains 2018 will depend upon the gender of candidate, category and exam mode. Candidates can check the application fee from the below table:
|Papers||Offline mode (Pen & Paper Based)||Online mode (Computer Based)|
|Appearing||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls|
|For Examination Centres opted in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|For Examination Centres opted in foreign country|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
- Payment of fee can be done either through credit card/debit card or e-challan.
- Candidates opting e-challan are required to make the payment in Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara Bank in cash.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
- Corrections will be permitted in uploaded images (signature and photograph).
- Correction window will also open for correction in application form details like change in exam mode from PBT to CBT, city of examination, change in paper-2 to paper-1.
- Candidate can make changes only in the selected fields.
The eligibility for appearing JEE Main 2018 is given below:
- Date of Birth:Candidates those born on or after 1st October 1993 are eligible for writing the JEE Main examination.
- Relaxation:5 years relaxation shall be provided in the upper age limit of SC/ST & PWD candidates (i.e. DOB falls on or after 1st October 1988).
- Date of Birth will be considered as mentioned in secondary education board certificate.
- Qualifying Exam: It is must for the candidates to pass the 12th examination/qualifying examination with 5 subjects to be eligible for JEE Main 2018.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- No Minimum Marks: There is no minimum marksrequirement in 12th examination for writing the JEE Main exam. However, candidates have to secure the passing marks.
- Passing Year: Those who have appeared and passed the higher secondary examination in 2016 and 2017 are also eligible to apply. Moreover, candidates appearing the final examination of 12th in 2018 can also fill the JEE Main application form.
- In case if candidate appeared the 12th examination in 2015 but not passed in 2015, passed in 2016 are also not eligible.
- Diploma Holders: Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2018 but only eligible for admission to IITs. In other words, Diploma holders will be eligible for JEE Main so that they can further apply for JEE Advanced but not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE Main scores.
Number of Attempts:
Total 3 attempts will be given for clearing the JEE Main. Attempts will be counted from the year 2017 onwards. JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum 2 times in consecutive years.
Eligibility For Admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs:
Percentage Marks: To be eligible for admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs, candidates should have obtained 75% marks in 12th examination or must be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination of respective boards. The qualifying marks for SC/ST will be 65%.
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus
JEE Main 2018 syllabus provides the details about topics and chapters that may asked in JEE Main paper-1 and paper-2 examination. Both the papers are for different courses, therefore, syllabus is also different for both. JEE Main syllabus for paper-1 contains important chapters from physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taught in 11th and 12th standard of CBSE, ICSE and other boards.
For Paper-2 syllabus comprising of Mathematics, aptitude test and drawing. Candidates can download the detailed syllabus as it will be released by CBSE.
List of best Arts, Science and Commerce colleges in Kerala
|S.No||Institute & Location||NAAC Score||NAAC Rating||Rating|
|1||Sacred Heart College, Kochi||3.3||A||AAAAA|
|2||Marian College, Peermade||3.52||A||AAAA+|
|3||Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi||3.7||A||AAAA+|
|4||St. Joseph’s College, Calicut||3.63||A||AAAA+|
|5||St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam||3.4||A||AAAA+|
|6||Catholicate College, Pathanamthitta||3.6||A||AAAA|
|7||Farook College, Calicut||3.54||A||AAAA|
|8||Little Flower College, Thrissur||3.52||A||AAAA|
|9||Loyola College of Social Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram||3.72||A||AAAA|
|10||Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvananthapuram||3.11||A||AAAA|
|11||St. Albert’s College, Ernakulam||3.24||A||AAAA|
|12||St. Berchmans College, Changanassery||3.37||A||AAAA|
|13||Vimala College, Thrissur||3.5||A||AAAA|
|14||Carmel College, Thrissur||3.22||A||AAA+|
|15||CMS College, Kottayam||3.27||A||AAA+|
|16||Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram||3.26||NA||AAA+|
|17||M.E.S. Keveeyam College, Malappuram Dist||3.28||A||AAA+|
|18||Malabar Christian College, Kozhikode||3.21||A||AAA+|
|19||Mar Athanasius College, Kothamangalam College, Ernakulam||NA||NA||AAA+|
|20||Mercy College, Palakkad||3.32||A||AAA+|
|21||Newman College, Thodupuzha||3.32||A||AAA+|
|22||Sree Narayana College, Kannur||3.32||A||AAA+|
|23||St. Mary’s College, Thrissur||3.3||A||AAA+|
|24||St. Peter’s College, Ernakulam||3.25||A||AAA+|
|25||St. Thomas College, Kottayam||3.3||A||AAA+|
|26||St. Thomas College, Kozhencheri||3.21||A||AAA+|
|27||Assumption College, Changanassery||3.1||A||AAA|
|28||Baselios Poulose II Catholicos College, Piravom||3.14||A||AAA|
|29||Baselius College, Kottayam||3.11||A||AAA|
|30||Bharata Mata College, Thrikkakara||3.08||A||AAA|
|31||Bishop Chulaparambil Memorial College, Kottayam||3.16||A||AAA|
|32||Bishop Kurialacherry College for Women, Kottayam||3.04||A||AAA|
|33||Christian College, Chengannur||3.09||A||AAA|
|34||Deva Matha College, Kuravilangad||3.08||A||AAA|
|35||E.M.E.A. College of Arts And Science, P.O. Kumminiparamba, Malappuram||3.02||A||AAA|
|36||Fatima Mata National College, Kollam||3.13||A||AAA|
|37||Government College, Kasaragod||3.02||A||AAA|
|38||Government Victoria College, Palakkad||3.14||A||AAA|
|39||Krishna Menon Memorial Government Women’s College, P.O. Pallikkunnu, Kannur||3.03||A||AAA|
|40||Kuriakose Elias College, Mannanam, Kottayam||3.1||A||AAA|
|41||M. E. S. Asmabi College, Kodungallur||3.04||A||AAA|
|42||M. E. S. Ponnani College, Ponnani||3.02||A||AAA|
|43||M.E.S. Kalladi College Mannarkkad, Kerala||3.2||A||AAA|
|44||Maharaja’s College, Kochi||3.11||A||AAA|
|45||Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram||3.16||A||AAA|
|46||Mar Thoma College, Chungathara||3.15||A||AAA|
|47||Mar Thoma College, Tiruvalla||3.11||A||AAA|
|48||Mary Matha Arts & Science College, Mananthavady||3.02||A||AAA|
|49||Muhammed Abdurahiman Memorial Orphanage College, Kozhikode||3.09||A||AAA|
|50||N.S.S. College, Pandalam||3.05||A||AAA|
|51||Nehru Arts and Science College, Kasaragod||3.07||A||AAA|
|52||Pavanatma College, Idukki||3.01||A||AAA|
|53||Pocker Sahib Memorial Orphanage College, Malappuram||3.02||A||AAA|
|54||Prajyoti Niketan College, Thrissur||3.07||A||AAA|
|55||Providence Women’s College, Calicut||3.11||A||AAA|
|56||Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy||3.08||A||AAA|
|57||Sree Narayana College, Cherthala||3.01||A||AAA|
|58||Sree Neelakanta Government Sanskrit College, Pattambi||3.01||A||AAA|
|59||St. Aloysius College, Alappuzha Dist||3.04||A||AAA|
|60||St. George’s College, Kottayam||3.1||A||AAA|
|61||St. John’s College, Kollam||3.01||A||AAA|
|62||St. Joseph’s College, Irinjalakuda||3.1||A||AAA|
|63||St. Joseph’s College For Women, Alappuzha||3.11||A||AAA|
|64||St. Mary College, Wayanad||3.06||A||AAA|
|65||St. Michael’s College, Cherthala||3.02||A||AAA|
|66||St. Paul’s College, Kochi||3.14||A||AAA|
|67||St. Pius X College, Kasaragod||3.11||A||AAA|
|68||St. Xavier’s College for Women, Kochi||3.08||A||AAA|
|69||Sullamussalam Science College, Areacode||3.01||A||AAA|
|70||T.K.M. College of Arts & Science, Kollam,||3.13||A||AAA|